We Like 'Em Short Film Festival
We Like 'Em Short Film Festival celebrates the art of comedic short and animated films. We provide a platform for independent filmmakers, seasoned and emerging, to share their talent. This festival seeks original, entertaining animated and comedy shorts from around the world.
We Like ‘Em Short allows aspiring and professional filmmakers the chance to show their films in beautiful Baker City, a small community known for embracing the arts. The festival also acts as a funding source for the Baker High School Film Arts Club.
WLES was started in 2009 as a very small local festival featuring local and American filmmakers. In 2012 we began taking submissions online and thanks to that change, we’ve screened films from all over the world while still priding ourselves as a festival that showcases local and regional filmmakers.
WLES has seen it's share or international award winning shorts and hosted talented directors including Chel White, Doug Lussenhop, Benjamin Morgan and Joanna Priestly in recent editions of this four day festival. WLES is centrally located at the historic Eltrym Theater, in downtown Baker City, OR. All shorts are screened on Theater 1's giant screen through a Christie Digital Projector.
One final note about WLES is that we were honored to receive the Ovation Award from the Oregon Festival and Events Association in 2014, which recognized us as the Best Fine Art or Performing Arts Festival in Oregon.
Be creative, make us laugh and keep it short.
Awards & Prizes
$250 cash award for Best Picture, $150 award for Best Student Film and $100 for Audience Choice
Rules & Terms
1. All live action films must be COMEDIES. Any other genre must be animated.
2. Films must be less than 20 minutes in length.
3. DVD copies OR a digital download of all films selected for the Official Selection must be received by May 1, 2016.
4. Any materials submitted will not be returned.
5. All fees are non-refundable.
6. The We Like 'Em Short & the Eltrym Theater, LLC are not responsible for lost or damaged submissions.